When you think of breaded treats none of them compare to the delicious and traditional Banana Nut Bread or Banana Nut Muffins. Unfortunately it's inherently a very high carb treat, which means if you're restricting your carbs or on any sort of diet, it's not on the menu.
But despair not!
Today, I have for you guys a High Protein Banana Nut Bread Recipe that is bodybuilder-friendly!
This is a great cheat meal for guys that are getting shredded.
Let's get started!
Here is the overall macronutrient profile for our High Protein Banana Nut Bread. Please consider the nutritional value of any additional toppings you may add to the High Protein Banana Nut Bread recipe such as whipped cream, peanut butter or other fun protein packed garnishes.
Here is recipe for our High Protein Banana Nut Bread in its entirety.
This High Protein Banana Nut Bread Recipe is packed with protein, carbs and that off-the-free banana flavor!
For our High Protein Banana Nut Bread, you will need:
1. Gather your Baking Soda, Ground Cinnamon, Nuts (if applicable), Protein Powder and Rolled Oats converted into Oat Flour in one bowl. Gradually mix these ingredients until they are well blended for dry ingredients.
2. Gather your Bananas, Almond Milk, Pure Vanilla Extract, Fresh Egg Whites, Unsweetened Apple Sauce and mix them together in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients until they are well-blended.
3. Using a mixer, blender, whisk, or good ole fashion rubber spatula and elbow grease, gradually blend your dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.
4. Spray a 9'' Bread Dish with Pam or your preferred non-stick cooking spray. If you do not have a 9’’ Bread Dish, you can swap it out for a muffin dish to prepare High Protein Banana Nut Muffins! Yes, my friends, you can indeed make High Protein Banana Nut Muffins with our High Protein Banana Nut Bread recipe! Instead of cooking spray into the muffin pan, use muffin liners.
5. Preheat oven at 350F/170C to prepare for our High Protein Banana Nut Bread (or High Protein Banana Nut Muffins) to be baked to protein perfection!
6. Take the High Protein Banana Bread (or High Protein Banana Nut Muffin) Mixture and slowly and even distribute it into the Bread Dish (or lined muffin pan.) If you are making High Protein Banana Nut Muffins, carefully distribute the High Protein Banana Nut Muffin Mixture into the lined muffin slots, leaving a third of each muffin slot empty to allow the High Protein Banana Nut Muffins to raise
7. Place the High Protein Banana Nut Bread (or High Protein Banana Nut Muffin) prebake into the over preferably on the middle rack of your oven.
8. Cook the High Protein Banana Bread for a time between 35 and 45 minutes. If you are using this recipe to prepare High Protein Banana Nut Muffins, you will only need to cook them for about 25-30 minutes or until the High Protein Banana Nut Muffins have risen and bloomed.
9. Once the High Protein Banana Nut Bread (or High Protein Banana Nut Muffins) has completed cooking, carefully remove it from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes.
10. Cut the High Protein Banana Nut Bread into 8 protein packed slices. If you prepared High Protein Banana Nut Muffins with this recipe, then the liners should be ready to be peeled away.
11. Our High Protein Banana Bread is complete! From here, you can top it with whatever you desire. Some traditional toppings for this treat include whipped cream, cream cheese, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, fruit and peanut butter! Remember to include any additional toppings not outlined in the original macronutrient profile you decide to add to the High Protein Banana Nut Bread or High Protein Banana Nut Muffins!
Follow along with the recipe walkthrough here:
There you have it folks: a simple and easy Bodybuilder-Friendly, High Protein Banana Bread that can also double as a High Protein Banana Nut Muffins recipe! This is great for cheat days on the SHREDDED program.
This delicious treat is sure to be protein packed and perfect for bodybuilding. If you want more fun and protein packed recipes like our Banana Nut Bread and Banana Nut Muffins, subscribe to our newsletter for more great recipes plus training and diet tips.
Comments will be approved before showing up.