Have you ever wanted to enjoy sweet delicious cookies without falling for the dietary vices of cakes, cookies and pies?
Well, fear not: Easy High Protein Cookies are here!
This simple high protein cookie recipe is packed full of whey protein and is just what your muscles need for an interesting source of protein, perfect for cheat meals.
Healthy Protein Cookies Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 Cups (or 120 grams) Rolled Oats turned into Oat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Large uncooked Egg
- 2 Scoops (or 78 grams) of 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 10 Teaspoons (or 40 grams) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (or 122 grams) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- A whole ripe and peeled Banana is also a good substitute
- 4 Tablespoons (or 56 grams) Coconut Oil
Feel free to add whatever additional clean eating ingredients for these whey protein cookies.
Healthy High Protein Cookies: Macronutrient Breakdown
Here is the nutritional profile for the entire recipe. Please remember to include the nutritional value of anything you added outside of the original high protein cookies.
- Calories: 1639
- Fat: 71 grams
- Saturated Fat: 57 grams
- Sodium: 827 milligrams
- Carbs: 141 grams
- Fiber: 17 grams
- Sugar: 65 grams
- Protein: 109 grams
Calories in each cookie per 10 high protein cookies
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 7.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.7 grams
- Sodium: 82.7 milligrams
- Carbs: 14.1 grams
- Fiber: 1.7 grams
- Sugar: 6.5 grams
- Protein: 10.9 grams
Healthy High Protein Cookies: How to Prepare
Now that we have gathered the necessary ingredients for our whey protein cookies that will be packed with protein, I will provide you with the step-by-step walkthrough for this easy high protein recipe!
1. Turn your Rolled Oats into oat flour by blending or processing them until they look like dust or oat flour
2. Add your Oat Flour, Protein Powder, Salt, Baking Powder and Ground Cinnamon into a large-sized mixing bowl.
3. In the large-sized mixing bowl, blend your oat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, protein powder and salt together.
4. Melt your Coconut Oil via microwave or by double boiling. It is worth noting that when it comes to essential oils such as coconut oil, grapeseed or avocado oil lose a very small amount of nutritional value via microwaving. A quick double boil to melt the coconut oil will ensure that no nutritional value or properties are lost in the microwaving process.
5. Combine your Brown Sugar, Egg, Vanilla Extract, Apple Sauce (or Banana), and melted Coconut Oil into a different, small mixing bowl
6. Mix the Vanilla Extract, Apple Sauce (or Banana), Brown Sugar and melted coconut oil together until the wet ingredients are well-blended.
7. Gradually add your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients while mixing everything together until both the dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well-blended together.
8. Lightly mix in Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, Chocolate Chip Chunks or whatever else you want to add to your healthy whey protein cookies with!
9. The blended ingredients created should now be a healthy high protein cookie dough! From here, we will take our whey protein cookie dough mixture and refrigerate it for an hour or two. The hardening of the cookie dough is important to the consistency and taste of our high protein cookies when it is time to bake them!
10. Prepare a cookie sheet or thin baking pan and line it with a sheet of parchment paper.
11. Gradually take the high protein cookie dough and shape it into cookie dough balls as you would any cookie recipe from scratch.
12. Take the prepared whey protein cookie dough balls and place them on the cookie sheet and parchment paper approximately 1-2 inches apart. This will ensure our high whey protein cookies do not turn into a single amorphous blog of high protein cookies!
13. Preheat your oven to 350F or 176C.
14. While the oven Is preheating, you can decide what you want to top the high protein cookies with! It can be things such as oats, seeds, chocolate chips, whatever you like!
15. Once preheated, bake the high protein cookies for approximately 8-10 minutes on 350F/176C.
16. Once our healthy and high protein cookies are golden brown, it is time to pull them from the oven! Carefully remove the lean protein cookies from the heat and place them on a safe cooling rack.
17. The High Protein Cookies are smelling delicious and ready to be added to our Shredded Program! You can store the baked high protein cookies in a bag of bread slices to keep them fresh, soft, gooey and high in protein and nutrients.
You can also check out the video linked below for a visual representation of the recipe.
The Best Healthy Protein Cookies Recipe
Now that we have completed making our high protein cookies, It is time to enjoy them! Don’t eat them all in one sitting. That’s it! Our High Protein Cookies are done!
Want to get shredded?
The SHREDDED Program will show you how to combine nutrition and training into the most effective overall combination to achieve a lean, shredded physique. Check it out by clicking here.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more recipes like these protein cookies!