Low Carb Chocolate Protein Cake!
Chocolate protein cakes do exist!
And what's more, they can be low carb, meaning they are perfect for bodybuilders and those on a low carb diet.
This chocolate protein cake recipe is both tasty and with a great macronutrient profile.
When is the last time you had a Protein Packed Low Carbs Cake Bar that was under 130 calories per serving?
And because they can be sliced into bars easily, it means it's easier to save some for later as opposed to just going the lot at once!
These cake bars are great for cheat meals when used in accordance with the protocols I talk about in the Shredded program, which is a 12 week program that helps men build muscle, burn fat and get abs at the same time.
- Click here to learn more about the program.
Chuck on your apron and let's get cooking!
Low Carb Chocolate Protein Cake Macronutrients
Let’s look at the nutritional profile for our Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars recipe! The entire cake is only about 1000 calories! Our Protein Cake Bars still packed with Protein, Fiber, and still low in carbs!
Calories in the entire Low Carb High Protein Cake Bars recipe:
- Calories: 1038
- Fat: 26 grams
- Saturated Fat: 11 grams
- Sodium: 1038 milligrams
- Carbs: 119 grams
- Fiber: 20 grams
- Sugar: 33 grams
- Protein: 82 grams
Calories for the Low Carb Protein Cake Bars Per Serving:
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 3.25 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
- Sodium: 129 milligrams
- Carbs: 15 grams
- Fiber: 2.5 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Protein: 10.25 grams
Not only are our Protein Cake Bars low in carbs and are high in protein, they are low calorie per serving. We are talking about 130 calories per Protein Cake Bar!
Low Carb Chocolate Protein Cake Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoons of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or any other types of chips (i.e. Reese’s Pieces, White Chocolate Chips, nuts, etc.)
- 2 Scoops of Protein Powder (60 grams)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Large Fresh Egg
- 2 Large Fresh Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup of Sweetener
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats (100 grams) converted into Oat Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk or your milk of choice
- 1/3 Cup (81 grams) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Medium-sized Mixing Bowls for wet and dry ingredients respectively
Chocolate Protein Cake Recipe
- Use a blender or food processor to shred your Rolled Oats until the Rolled Oats are converted into an Oat flour.
- Mix your Oat Flour, Dark Cocoa Powder, Salt, Baking Soda, Sweetener and chocolate chips in your mixing bowl designated for your dry ingredients.
- Mix your Almond Milk, Large Fresh Egg, Fresh Egg Whites, Unsweetened Apple Sauce and Plain Greek Yogurt in your bowl designated for the wet ingredients.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk, blender or even a good old-fashioned rubber spatula and elbow grease, blend your combined wet ingredients together until it is consistent and free of lumps.
- Gradually combine your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. You can get a nice workout in here with the hand whisk! Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients until they are a consistent cake mix. We now have our Low Calorie Protein Cake Batter!
- Preheat your oven on 350°F/176°C to prepare an even bake for our soon-to-be delicious Low Calorie Protein Cake Bars!
- 8x8 baking dish and coat it with Pam or your preferred non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully and evenly distribute the Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bar Batter into your 8x8 baking dish. Make sure you use the rubber spatula to get all the Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bar Batter out and into your dish. No Protein left behind!
- Bake on 350°F/176°C for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Pay close attention to the baking of our Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars.
- Once our Protein Cake Bars are thoroughly cooked, carefully remove them from heat and place our Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars on the cooling rack.
- Let our High Protein Cake Bars cool for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Do not attempt to cut our Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars just yet!
- Once Cooled, cut the chocolatey Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars in cake bar or brownie fashion yielding 8 Protein Packed Low Calorie Cake Bars!
- Voila! We have made our tasty Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars! Remember to include any toppings that may have varied from the Protein Cake Bars recipe to your macronutrient profile and caloric intake! Below, there is also a link to the video of our Low Carbs High Protein Cake Bars recipe!
Chocolate Protein Cake Recipe Video
Watch how to make the protein cake here:
Chocolate Protein Cake Summary
What I like about this recipe is that it's for cake bars, which can help prevent eating too much at once, which can be a concern if you're not following a good workout program.
Fortunately, for my guys in SHREDDED, treats like these cake bars are allowed -- encouraged! But according to the protocols outlined in the program, which enable the body to be less stressed, encourage healthy digestion while allowing clients to build muscle and get leaner.
- Click here to see the workout program made for men to build muscle, burn fat and get abs at the same time.
So bake this chocolate protein cake bars up soon and let me know how you go in the comments!