Protein ice cream. Is there such a thing? There sure is!
Protein ice cream is an example of a healthy dessert that can easily be incorporated into a bodybuilding diet. What's great about this recipe is the full macro list is provided to help stay within your macros.
Watch how Protein Ice Cream is made here:
Full Protein Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 large frozen peeled banana
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey
- 2 tbsp freeze dried berries of your choice
- Using an electric mixer, mix ingredients together in large bowl.
- When combined, place mix into a tupperware container and place in freezer for 30-50 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and churn using a fork or spoon.
- Place back into freezer for another 30-50 minutes. Repeat step 3.
- Repeat step 3 and enjoy!
Protein Ice Cream Macros:
Recommended serving size: 1/2 container
- 38g protein
- 20g carbohydrates
- 4.8g fat
- Best eaten immediately after churning. Avoid storing in freezer for days as will turn rock solid.
- You can use unflavoured whey, but you will most likely need some kind of sweetener such as stevia drops or coconut sugar.
Thanks to Anna from Protein Pow for this protein ice cream recipe!