Protein Donuts Recipe: Delicious PRONUTS in Under 10 Minutes!
- best protein donuts
- cheat meals
- how to make protein donuts
- protein donuts
- protein donuts recipe
Protein Donuts - is there such a thing?
In today's recipe I'll show you to make protein donuts (pronuts!) - clean, guilt free that you can make in under 10 minutes.
Let's get started!
Best time to eat Protein Donuts
Correct timing of your meals will result in a lot of benefits for your organism – you will be healthier, your workout performance will increase, and your body figure will have a clear definition.
The protein vs carb ratio makes protein donuts ideal for cheat meals when eating according to the guidelines outlined in the Lean Muscle Transformation.
Protein Donuts Recipe
Protein donuts are a tasty dessert that can pump you up with energy, increasing your performance before you train. These protein donuts are not heavy, so they’re a great way of boosting your protein levels in a short amount of time without feeling bloated and without the insulin spike and crash.
The greatest thing about these donuts is that not only do they taste great but they can be made in under 10 minutes. Trainees following the Lean Muscle Transformation - the 12 week program for men to build muscle and lose fat at the same time - are still permitted to enjoy treats like protein donuts - satiety without compromising diet.
When, how often and how many clean treats you can eat impact the program's results. As explained further in the Lean Muscle Transformation Guide, clean treats should only be consumed on a ratio of 1: 25 good meals - equivalent to approximately once every 5 days.
- More details on the 12 Week Lean Muscle Transformation can be found by clicking here.
Protein Donuts Macros
Just how good are protein donuts?
Let's have a look at the macros:
- Calories – 134kcal
- Total Fat – 3.8g
- Total Carbohydrates – 18g (dietary fiber – 2g)
- Protein – 7.5g
These donuts are super easy to make and use common household ingredients.
Protein Donuts Base:
- 75 grams (0.32 cups) of oat flour
- 25 grams (0.11 cups) of whey protein (vanilla flavor is a very good idea)
- Quarter of a teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 grams (0.43 cups) of applesauce
- 1 whole egg
Protein Donuts Frosting:
- 150 grams (0.64 cups) Greek Yogurt
- 2 Oreos
- Sweetener (optional)
- 2 Oreos for decoration (optional)
Watch how to make protein donuts here:
Directions for Protein Donuts
- Preheat your oven at the 175 degree Celsius (350F).
- First of all, you will need to make the base of the donuts. To do so, put the 75g (0.32 cups) of oatmeal in a bowl.
- Next, pour the 25g (0.11 cups) of whey and the baking powder over.
- Finally, place the 100g (0.43 cups) of applesauce and a whole egg in the mixture. Use a spatula or a spoon to mix the components together until you get a yellowish composition.
- Frosting: Either purchase or mill the Oreos yourself. Add these plus 150g (0.64 cups) of yogurt and mix until thick. Before placing frosting on pronuts, make sure to allow to the donuts to cool first or the icing will warm and run off the sides.
Thanks to Simon Roshdy for this recipe!
Want more clean treats & recipes? Subscribe Here!
Until next time,